[IDV #YPI-385091]: created display is blank

Greetings Laney,

It does not look like your video card is the problem (I don't see any errors in
the logs). I would suggest renaming the following folder to see if maybe there
was an old config file messing things up in the new release of the IDV:

C:\Users\149607\.unidata

Please let us know if that fixes things!

Sean

> Full Name: Laney Mills
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0b1 build date:2011-07-01 17:24 UTC
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\IDV_3.0b1\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
> New installation ver 3+ just installed today.  I can load data sets and
> choose fields, but when I click creat display, the display is blank.  I can
> see the "time" clicking by.
>
> This is windows 7 installation, an hp slimline desktop.  Could it be an
> insufficient video card.  The machine won't display flight sim for
> example.
>
> thanks, Laney Mills,
> ps.  Before i retired a couple of years ago, I was the Academic Affiliates
> representative from the College of Charleston for many years.  I've used the
> IDV teaching an Atmospheric Physics course a few years ago, but I've
> forgotten most.
>
> Thanks

Ticket ID: YPI-385091