[IDV #HRG-529128]: Invalid range exception when subsetting display in Linux platform

> Dear Yuan
>
> I uploaded a sample file, but this error happens with every Netcdf file.
> When subsetting a different area, either the error message persists, or the
> displayed area does not match the displayed area (e.g. when selecting South
> America, the displayed area includes most Europe, Africa, all Asia and
> Australia and half the pacific). I also tried subsetting from the display
> tab (edit>properties>spatial subset) and it doesn't seem to work either.
> Besides, I want to subset prior generating the display to reduce the amount
> of data loaded.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Francisco

Francisco,
       I checked the uploaded file in Window, and Linux, I didn't see the error
you reported. If this is only happened in the Ubanto operating system, I am not
sure if there is anything I can help. I would suggest to upgrade you os to see
if that help, or you can send an email to idvuser list (you need to join the
list first: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists)to
check any users with experience in this kind of OS.

Yuan

> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > > Hi Francisco,
> > > Could you upload a sample file here?
> > >
> > > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> > >

> > > Yuan

> > Another suggestion is to subset a different region, such as Asia or U.S. to
> > see if you can reproduce this error.
> >
> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: HRG-529128