[IDV #MXX-498436]: running IDV in imageserver mode

> R/Sir
>
> How can I use imageserver arguement in idv? I have tried to search but not
> found even a single example.

The server side feature has not been explored very well, I don's have any
experience or example for you.
You may take a look at the RAMADDA, the IDV usage in the RAMADDA maybe close to
what you are thinking about.

> What I am trying to do is I want to generated image chips using jython. But
> I dont want to load/unload jvm every now and
> then because it takes atleast 25 % of the total time.
It is true, there is a trade off for loading JVM each time. The suggestion I
have is to
work on the ISL script to make it more efficient. We have a user run the IDV
each day to generate
1000 images in less than 6 minutes.

> I wanted a server to be running on IDV which I think is running when we
> supply imageserver as the arguement.

> Now what I was trying to do was to submit request. I am not able to find a
> single sample for that.
> If possible kindly provide one sample. If I could submit a request of
> server to execute the jython script. That
> will be enough.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: MXX-498436