[IDV #QZA-846334]: Reading netcdf file

Greetings!

Currently the IDV does not support this calendar. However, we are getting close
putting out our first builds of the IDV using the latest netCDF-Java (4.3) which
does support this calendar. If you wouldn't mind, could you upload a sample
datafile with this calendar (including the date/time you would expect to see
in the IDV) and we will test it?

Cheers!

Sean

> Full Name: Giancarlo
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear support team,
>
> I attempting to read a netcdf file which has a time steps defined in a
> proleptic_gregorian calendar. I can easily  make contour plot but the
> time scale is wrong because IDV is expecting this in another format. Also
> the timeseries of a single grid cell, look wrong.
>
> Is there a work around to read/by-pass such a time definition in IDV or
> I have to fix the time variable in my netcdf file?
>
> Thanks for your time and support,
>
> Best,
>
> GC.

Ticket ID: QZA-846334