[IDV #FPM-280591]: ISL export to netCDF

Vic,

According to the documentation, 'Currently, the only display attribute
available for the export tag is
display="class:ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl" or an ID of a display
control that refers to an instance of the ObsListControl (e.g. a Point Data
List display for METAR data).'

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html

So I interpret from the documentation that this functionality is currently not
possible for gridded data. We are looking into implementing this functionality
for gridded data.

A possible workaround would be to use Jython to achieve your objectives.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi
>
> I attempting to export a display in IDV to netCDF or CSV using an ISL
> script which loads a bundle saved as "export.xidv". Below is an example
> of the ISL file:

> <isl debug="true" loop="1" offscreen="true">
> <bundle clear="true" file="${islpath}/export.xidv" height="1000" wait="true"
> width="1000" times="${loopindex}"/>
> <image file="${islpath}/PMSL.png">
> <transparent color="white"/>
> </image>
> <export file="${islpath}/PMSL" what="netcdf" display="PMSL"/>
> </isl>
>
> The ISL executes without giving any errors. It successfully creates an
> image file called "PMSL.png" but export file does not create a netcdf
> file.  In the properties of the display I have made the ID for scripting
> "PMSL" (screen print below).
>
> Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Cannot find anything conclusive in
> the mailing archives. Are you able to assist in any way ?
>
> Regards,
> Vic Chapman

Ticket ID: FPM-280591