[IDV #FSM-250923]: IDV couldn't bring in the netCDF file.

Hyun-Min,

The lat/lon data in cdlFTHonAlbersSnapshot.nc is empty. I would probably try to
fix that problem first in order to display these data in the IDV.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Hyun-Min Shin
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Management
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\IDV_3.1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I created a CDL file (cdlFTHonAlbersSnapshot.out) and
> used ncgen to convert it into a netCDF file. Then I tried to bring the netCDF
> file into IDV and faced an error indicating the following problems.
>
> setProjection
> Infinite or NaN
>
> Using ArcGIS - ArcToolbox and netCDF file I created, I could make a raster
> layer and display the raster in ArcMap. Could you give any solution for the
> errors in my CDL or netCDF file? Any response would be greatly appreciated.
>
> FYI: I am kind of new to netCDF or Climate and Forecast convention, but
> scanned the netCDF User's Guide and NetCDF CF metata conventions.
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: Infinite or NaN
> at java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay.round(MapProjectionDisplay.java:1357)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay.getLonScaleInfo(MapProjectionDisplay.java:1327)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay.makeLonScales(MapProjectionDisplay.java:589)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay.resetMapParameters(MapProjectionDisplay.java:2173)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay.setMapProjection(MapProjectionDisplay.java:1540)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.setMapProjection(MapViewManager.java:2267)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.displayDataChanged(MapViewManager.java:2591)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.addDisplayInfos(MapViewManager.java:2642)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.insertDisplayables(DisplayControlImpl.java:6713)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1203)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:986)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:911)

Ticket ID: FSM-250923