[IDV #KCN-689298]: IDV Installer

Barry (not Brian, sorry, too much e-support),

I am stumped here. Do the following:

Double click on the IDV dmg. This should mount the IDV installer. Then issue the
following commands from the terminal:

cd /Volumes/idv

java -verion (what is the output here?)

open Integrated\ Data\ Viewer\ Installer.app

What happens?

At NOAA, you have restricted permissions about where you can install stuff on OS
X, correct? I have seen problems before where the IDV is essentially confused
about what Java it should be using.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: KCN-689298