[IDV #BSA-970913]: high resolution satellite date over Chicago

Hi Ashish,

re:
> Here is the sample data:
> https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/products/modis_products_table/myd11a1
> I downloaded from: http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov
>
> Screenshot shows the spatial extent and the location of source:

OK, thanks for attaching a sample data file.

I was able to open and display information from the file sent

MYD11A1.A2013227.h11v04.005.2013228223748.hdf

in the IDV with no problems.  I did this as follows:

- copy the HDF file to a directory that is accessible to the IDV

- open the IDV (I tried v5.0 and v4.1 to make sure) and navigate the UI to the
file:

  Dashboard -> Data Choosers -> General -> Files

  Find the file on the local file system and select it.

- set the Data Source Type to 'Grid Files (netCDF/GRIB/OPeNDAP/GEMPAK)

- click on Add Source

- open the 2D grid in Fields and open MODIS_Grid_Daily_1km_LSTData_Fields

- select the field that you want to display and then choose how you want
  to display it

  I chose 'Time of daytime Land-Surface Temperature Observation' and then
  displayed it with a color shaded plan view

Comment:

- the data in the file is _not_ an image; it is a gridded field created
  by compositing more than one MODIS band

Can you try the procedure above and let us know if you have any problems?

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: BSA-970913