[IDV #DHW-747712]: how to include favorites directories in Plugin creator?

> Is there a command line way to include a whole tree in the .jar?
> What is the plugin creator selector process doing exactly?

I think you can do it in the command line way. Here is an example of display
template bundle.xml:

<bundles>
  <bundle category="General" name="nam-t" type="display"
url="Generalnam-t.xidv"/>
</bundles>

It can be very tricky when there are a lot display template bundles included.
What you need is to generate a jar file including all display template xidv
files and a bundle.xml
file like above

Yuan

> On Dec 1, 2014, at 3:25 PM, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> Hello IDVers.
> >>
> >> I'm working on a new release of my plugin.
> >> I want to include datasources/ and displaytemplates/, but these are not
> >> .xml files like the other parts, they are directories full of .xidv files.
> >> I can drill down and include these favorites .xidv files one by one, using
> >> the Plugin Creator.
> >> But I want a way to include the whole folder tree.
> >>

> >> I tried this command line approach to include them:
> >> jar cvf plugin.jar *xml *rbi d*
> >> All the datasources and displaytemplates files went into the plugin.jar, I
> >> verified.
> >> When I launch the IDV with that .jar as my plugin, it failed to show these
> >> favorites in the Quicklinks menu.
> >> The colortables.xml and all the other plugin parts appeared normally, but
> >> not the datasources or displaytemplates.
> >>

> >> Any help appreciated. Screen shot below of plugin creator session.
> >> No apparent way to include those folders.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Brian
> >>
> >> [cid:5877C4A1-E9D5-4286-94C7-9C3ADDBA9751@attlocal.net]
> >>

> > Brian,
> >       At least the displaytemplates need to be selected one by one,
> > otherwise, the IDV doesn't know how to categorized these bundles.
> >
> > Yuan
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: DHW-747712
> > Department: Support IDV

> Brian Mapes, Professor
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences
> Meteorology and Physical Oceanography Program
> RSMAS, University of Miami
> 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
> Miami, FL 33149-1098
>
> phone: (305) 421-4275