[IDV #KDT-540700]: Questions about transect line

> Full Name: Yi-Chuan
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8.1
> Hardware: Java: home: D:\IDV_5.2\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi,I'm sorry for my poor English and hope my questions can be understood.
>
> First question.
>
> I tried to draw a cross section in Pacific area using transect window
> and found when the transect line cross longitude 180E, red line and
> green line could not overlap together(see attachment). How do I do to
> make the green line above the red line?
>
> Second question.
>
> Is there a function that can calculate each layer average along cross
> section? For example, like the method that we show warm core in hurriences
> and typhoons, temperature minus each layer averager of temperature
> bound by cross section. I found two average functions savg() and savs()
> but didn't know how to use them correctly.

Hi Yi-Chuan,
           For your first question, you can reference the document of transect
display to learn how to draw and
control the transect line. I don't know how you create the attached image, and
can not provide you a solution here.
It is a bit tricky. Given more practice with the document instruction, you will
get the point of what you want.

         For the second question, we do have a util api to slice along lat/lon
line and then do the average. But
 you need to know how to write a Jython formula to call the api
GridUtil.sliceAlongLatLonLine().

Yuan

Ticket ID: KDT-540700