Re: 19991029: ldm ingest on HP-UX 10.20

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Phil,

The downstream machine should have a request line like:

request EXP ".*" barah.anc.nwsar.gov

The upstream machine should have an allow like:

allow EXP deke.arh.nwsar.gov

> server's to start after that (it didn't like the request line entry, some sort
> of parse error). I had to go back to the default's that came with the binary
> distribution of ldm (I modified the default files and changed all reference of
> unidata platforms to the aronet platforms I'm testing with) in order to get
> the
> server started again.  The 2 boxes I'm testing on are deke.arh.nwsar.gov &

I'm assumming that deke is downstream and barah is the upstream machines,
otherwise switch the above entries.

> barah.anc.nwsar.gov.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide...Phil
>
> P.S. Another problem I seem to have from time to time is when I start the
> servers by running "ldmadmin start". I'll get messages in the ldmd.log that
> say:
>
> pqbinstats: cannot chdir to /usr/local/ldm/logs: No such file or directory
> and,
> pqact: Couldn't open pattern file "/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf": No such
> file
> or directory
>
> even though "ldmadmin config" shows:
> ldmhome:    /home/ldm
> conf file:  /home/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
> log file:       /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

This is easy to solve, make a link:

% ln -s /home/ldm /usr/local/ldm

You might have to mkdir /usr/local and be root

Back to your original question, use pqinsert on the upstream machine:

% pqinsert -vl - -q /home/ldm/data/ldm.pq <filename>

Look at the man page for pqinsert:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pqinsert+1

Robb...