Re: 19991208: quick pqact.conf question

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: "Unidata Support" <address@hidden>
> >From: "Collin Daly" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Re: quick pqact.conf question
>
> So am I understanding correctly that I can create a file called
> pqsurf.conf (since one doesn't exist) and copy the enrty I had in my
> pqact.conf file to the pqsurf.conf file? As in:
>
> DDS     ^(SAUS80)    KBOS    PIPE    -strip    -close
>    /usr/ucb/mail -s "\1 METAR for KBOS"

Collin,

That's almost correct.  The exec pqsurf line needs to be uncommented in
the ldmd.conf file.  The pqsurf queue must be created, ie:

% ldmadmin mksurfqueue

THe product pattterns are different, so run the pqsurf with the -v flag at
first to see what the patterns look like, then create your pqsurf.conf
entries to match the patterns.  The patterns look similar to:

aaxx 06344 022300

Read the man pages for pqsurf and ldmadmin
for details.  Don't forget to stop/start the LDM for the new
configurations to be effective.

Robb...