Re: AF_INET problem

Hi Karl and Myron,

Not many people around here know about AF_INET.  I did a bit of
research.  It is used in socket creation, and specifies the Internet
domain.

In theory it would be set it <sys/socket.h>.  However, on my RHL 7.0, it
is set in the following two files:

(anne) imogene:/local/ldm/src 33 % find /usr/include -name socket.h |
xargs grep 'AF_INET'
/usr/include/linux/socket.h:#define AF_INET     2       /* Internet IP Protocol
*/
/usr/include/linux/socket.h:#define AF_INET6    10      /* IP version 6
        */
/usr/include/linux/socket.h:#define PF_INET             AF_INET
/usr/include/linux/socket.h:#define PF_INET6    AF_INET6
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:#define      AF_INET         PF_INET
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:#define      AF_INET6        PF_INET6

These values would have been hard wired into the code when it was built.

Karl, did you do a binary installation or a source installation?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307