Re: Request for assistance for halo.sci.ccny.cuny.edu

Xiaodong Yan wrote:

> After spend an afternoon doing all the network testing, I believe the
> problem may not exist in the network/firewall/packeteer.
> It's very possible the ldm installation has some problem. I will try resetup
> the system just in case, and download the ldm follow the procedure to setup
> ldm again. Hopefully everything will be fine.
>
> Xiaodong

Hi Xiaodong,

Your ldmd.conf file looked like it should work for the most part.  Even
so, I made a few changes.  I commented out the call to 'exec rtstats',
as we're not quite ready here for those products to flow to us.  Later
we'll ask you to turn that on.  I also commented out several 'accept'
lines as they were unnecessary.  In order to help you and Kwan
understand how the LDM works, I think the file should be as clean and
free of unnecessary entries as possible.

I did rewrite the request lines to make them more readable, and to use
the fully qualified domain name of your upstream feeds rather than the
IP address.  I left out the request for FSL2 because I believe you must
request that from FSL, and striker only servers NLDN data (I'll have to
confirm that).

I also added an 'allow' line for halo, as I wanted to try ldmping to
halo to see if that would work.  Indeed, when I added that I could
ldmping halo, but I can still not ldmping striker or redwood.  This
again points to a problem with getting outside of your local network.

How did you determine that Packeteer was not a problem?  I ask that
because just yesterday we had a site that had Packeteer misconfigured
and it was throttling port 388, and the symptoms were very similar to
yours, namely, RPC is timing out before a connection can be made.
Everything else on your system looks good, so I still strongly suspect
Packeteer.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307