20030303: LDM 6.0.0.17 testing

Carl,

>Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:17:19 -0600
>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM 6.0.0.17

> We've been running 6.0.0.17 for about a week now with no problems until
> this  morning.  We lost our connection to our remote machine and LDM
> died.  This machine also has ouru ingest that collects the data and
> inserts it into the queue.  I had to use rpcinfo to clear the processes
> before I could restart LDM.

If the LDM terminates abnormally, then it doesn't get a chance to
deregister itself with the portmapper.

> I don't know if you've run across this, but
> I wanted to let you know what happened here.

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you send me the log files?

Regards,

------- End of Forwarded Message

From: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:32:17 -0700
Subject: Re: LDM 6.0.0.17

Carl,

>Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:27:55 -0600
>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM 6.0.0.17

> I've attached the log.  What you can see is the line go down and RPC
> time out.  Some time after that the main LDM process died.

Please send me the output of the command "uname -a".

Regards,

From: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:17:18 -0700
To: address@hidden
cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

Carl,

>Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:14:18 -0600
>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM 6.0.0.17

> uname -a  returns this:
>
> Linux tlxrad.caps.ou.edu 2.4.9-7 #1 Thu Oct 18 13:47:25 EDT 2001 i686
> unknown

Linux eh?  I think we might have fixed this problem.  I'll let you know
after we test the solution more thoroughly.

Regards,