Re: 20050322: EXEC stderr output getting into PIPE results?

Steven,

>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:28:21 -0600
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050322: EXEC stderr output getting into PIPE results?

> Thanks.  What is interesting is that it doesn't show up in 6.0.14.  With
> 6.0.14, the lsof shows
> the stderr for all the decoders going to the log file of pqact (which is
> where we need it).
> Putting the stderr of the decoders to /dev/null will make it quite
> difficult to find decoder
> problems, true?

Sorry.  I misspoke.  I should have said that if the standard error
stream in pqact(1) is NOT directed to a file, then it will be directed
to "/dev/null" in any child process.  Otherwise, the standard error
stream will be left alone.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson