[Support #GTN-702792]: HW Recommendations

Jami,

Can you provide a bit more information such as current and proposed;

 data volumes in and out per hour
 numbers of upstream and downstream feeders
 size of the LDM product queue
 system load average, "top", and i/o status

I'm guessing the current systems are lightly loaded CPU wise, but are using
most if not all of their real memory.  You might be fine just buying a lot
more memory for the current systems.

mike

> Steve,
> We will be upgrading our Top Tier LDM Servers at the Regions in the near
> future.  We are expecting our data to increase dramatically with Super
> Res and Dual Pole products in the future.  Do you have any
> recommendations?  What is the latest version of LDM?
>
> Currently we are using two Dell PowerEdge 2650s (In a HA configuration):
>
> 2.8GHz/512K Cache/533MHz FSB Xeon
> 2nd Processor, Xeon, 2.8GHz, 512K Cache ,533MHz
> 4GB DDR SDRAM 266MHZ (4X1GB)
> 73GB 15K RPM Ultra 320 SCSI Hard Drive
> RedHat Linux ES
> Dual On-Board NICS