[LDM #IRP-426248]: More problems with dropping files.

Mark,

> Steve, can you give me an update on the upgrade to the ER IP address feed?

I exchanged emails with Phil Quan yesterday.  He asked what the consequences
for NEXRAD Level-II data transmission would be if the LDM on that system was
upgraded.  I told him that it would be like restarting his LDM, at worst.
I've enclosed a copy of the exchange.

As far as I know, Phil's talking it over with Fortune Vilcko and Josh and
the ball is in their court.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: IRP-426248
Department: Support LDM
Phil,

> What impact we would expect if we upgraded LDM version on
> 216.38.95.9?
> What effects it will have on remote office and other regional LDM
> servers?

Because the LDM is designed to be backward-compatible with previous
releases, the consequences of upgrading the LDM on 216.38.95.9 would
be no more severe that simply restarting the current LDM system on
that host (i.e., "ldmadmin stop && ldmadmin start").

The major benefit of upgrading would be to greatly reduce the risk of
not relaying a data-product to a downstream LDM (e.g., the LDM on
nws-ldm1.hpcc.ercbroadband.org, which is experiencing such failures).

Because your installed LDM is so old, there is one step of the
installation process that I would ensure is done: execute the command
"pqcheck/pqcheck -v" after building the latest version of the LDM but
before installing it to ensure that the latest version can properly
read the existing product-queue. This command can be executed while
your current LDM system is running.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson