[LDM #NUV-722205]: FILE without full path name

Brian,

> I've never really been all that good with regular expressions
> unfortunately.  I usually end up figuring out the correct cryptology in
> pqact.conf eventually through trial and error, but not this time.

I put together a terse summary of extended regular expressions at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/ERE.html>.
It also has a link to the definitive web pages.

> My dilemma is this ... we're receiving products in our LDM pq and
> sometimes the product contains a full path name and other times it
> doesn't.  Specifically, the file name that shows up when doing an
> "ldmadmin watch" is sometimes of the form
> /usr/people/ldm/data/goes/yyyymmdd_hhmm_sport_goesimager_conus_icecap.gz
> and other times it is simply
> yyyymmdd_hhmm_sport_goesimager_conus_icecap.gz
>
> I'm trying to work with the folks that send us these products to ensure
> they strip the full path name before they do a pqinsert on their end,
> however, I was wondering if there was a way to just make the pattern in
> pqact.conf "smart" so that it doesn't matter whether the product comes
> across with or without the full path name?
>
> I tried using the $ (End of string character) like this:
>
> EXP   $(........_...._sport_goesimager_conus_icecap.gz)
> FILE  /home/ldm/data/ICECAP/\1
>
> But, then when I do an "ldmadmin pqactcheck", I get a regcomp error

Because the dollar-sign means end-of-string, it would have to be at the
end of the regular expression.

> Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I think this will do what you want:

EXP (........_...._sport_goesimager_conus_icecap.gz)$
        FILE /home/ldm/data/ICECAP/\1

Be sure to separate the fields with tabs and not spaces.

You can verify the regular expression via the command
"pqcat -vl- -o 3600 -f EXP -p ... >/dev/null"

> Thanks,
> Brian Hoeth
> NWS Spaceflight Meteorology Group
> Houston, TX