[Staging #XIZ-821337]: IDD feeds available ?

Hi John,

re:
> Thanks for the quick reply. Let me know what i need on my side and I
> will get set up.
>
> We can turn this feed on in stages if NEXRAD2 and CONDUIT are not
> available via aeolus right now.
>
> What do you need me to do first ?

First, you need to make sure that the following are met:

- there is forward and reverse name lookup for the machine on which you
  will run the LDM

- your firewall(s) allows bidirectional traffic on port 388

- you have completely installed the LDM on your machine

- your machine has enough memory to memory map a large LDM queue (the data
  you are interested in receiving is very high volume, so you will need
  to use a large (>= 2 GB) queue

- your machine has enough disk resources to store the data/processed data
  you want to ingest

Please provide us with the fully qualified name and IP address for your
machine.  I will verify the forward/reverse name lookup and add the needed
allows to the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file on aeolus.

> Thanks !

No worries.

Cheers,

Tom