[LDM #JZB-449767]: Using the LDM for local file filtering

Hi Dave,

> I have a data file on a machine running the LDM that I'd like to split
> into two separate files, using criteria specified in the pqact.conf
> file. How can I pass this file through the LDM to achieve this?
>
> I took a quick look at the LDM documentation but didn't spot anything
> that addresses this--if you could refer me, I'd appreciate it.

The LDM doesn't know how to split data-products.  You'd have to write a decoder
to do that, and an appropriate entry in the pqact(1) configuration-file,
execute the command "ldmadmin pqactHUP", and then add the file to the LDM
product-queue via the pqinsert(1) utility.

I hope this helps.

> -- Dave

Regards,
Steve Emmerson