[LDM #GDV-785629]: LDM Install

Hi LySanias,

re: need to install Zlib and XM2 development packages to build latest
LDM versions

> That's a bummer.

Again, the change was made to satisfy security questions that were brought
to our attention by the folks at Wright Patterson Air Base.

re:
> Is it possible to have the "regular" with those packages included.

You could install one of the older LDM versions.

re:
> LDM is easy to install so long as everything goes as planned but when
> something goes wrong it's not so easy anymore.  I tried the RPM version
> also but that bombed out.

Not knowing the specifics of the "bombing out" I would be speculating to
say that the cause was probably due to a needed shared library not being
installed on the machine on which you were trying to run the RPM distribution.

re:
> From where do you recommend we download the additional required libraries?

This depends on the Operating System your machine is running.  If you are
running a Linux distribution that supports RPM package installations (e.g.,
RedHat Linux variants), then you ('root' on your machine) should be able to
install the needed packages very easily:

sudo su -
yum install zlib-devel libxml2-devel
exit

After the packages are installed, the LDM build should go smoothly:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.11.6/src
make distclean
./configure && make install