19990917: Vis5D

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I downloaded and installed Vis5D from the SSEC web site.
>
>I then noticed that Vis5D referenced in the Vis5D
>documentation refers to Vis5D software that is in the passworded
>MUG account.

We have Vis5D available in the Unidata McIDAS-X passworded FTP account:

unix/vis5d/5.0

>I can view the sample grid lamps.v5d fine, but when I try
>to view a McIDAS grid, I get the error can't view McIDAS
>grids on this system.  Does this mean I have to pay
>MUG fees to be able to get McIDAS-Vis5D and be able to
>view McIDAS grids?

McIDAS grids have to be converted to Vis5D grids before they can be
viewed in Vis5D.  Did you run the Vis5D conversion step?

Tom

>From address@hidden  Fri Sep 17 12:08:44 1999

I ran the import(v5dimport) command, but that probably isn't
converting it.  I probably mis-read the instructions.
I will go back and re-read.

Thanks,
Robert
NSBF Meteorology

>From address@hidden  Fri Sep 17 15:58:39 1999

I got the version from the mcidas ftp account, installed
it and it works fine.

Thanks,

Robert