19990928: Compiling McIDAS on Irix 5.3 (cont.(

>From: Erick Lorenz (address@hidden) <address@hidden>

Erick,

re: ipc.h not being included
>That would appear to be exactly what the problem is.  ATM23 does have
>both files, ipc.h and shm.h.  ipc.h has the required defines in it just
>like you said and shm.h has no include statements at all.

OK, it is as I thought.

>I am tempted to make a copy of shm.h and add the include statements.

I would advise not to do this.

>I checked this against our origin 200 which is running 6.5 and
>there shm.h does have several include statements especially ipc.h.

Right.  This is what I saw on our 6.5 system.

>I don't think you need to look around in ATM23. But if you have a
>moment please comment on the best way to solve this short of a new
>computer or OS.
>
>1. back up and modify the shm.h by adding "include ipc.h"

I would advise against doing this since you never know what other routines
it may affect.

>2. modify the mcidas source code by adding "include ipc.h wherever
>   shm.h appears.

Yes, that is what I would do.  The entry in Graphics.c would be:

#include <sys/shm.h>
#include <sys/ipc.h>

>I am afraid that in either case this may be just the beginning,
>that more missing links will crop up with each correction.

It might be, and, then again, it might not.

Tom