19991229: AVN 12z runs not decoded p (cont.)

>From: MUG <address@hidden>

Becky,

>I got the attached response from Chad about the missing AVN data.  Because of
>the file system filling up, he's having a hard time tracking down the problem
>on our end.

OK, I understand.

>It sounds like the "thinned grids" in Robert's GEMPAK directory are working
>correctly.

Right.

>Do you know if he gets those grids from the NOAAPORT feed, or
>from some other source?

He is getting them from the Unidata IDD.  You will recall that the origin
of the data in the IDD is a McIDAS NOAAPORT box.

>We're just trying to figure out if this is a
>NOAAPORT problem or if it is a problem with -XCD.

Hmm...  Since GEMPAK got the same grids and decoded them correctly, it
struck me that the problem must lie somewhere in the XCD decoders.  This
is why I passed the message along to you guys in the first place.

>More AVN grids are
>included in the 12Z AVN run today, so hopefully it was just a problem with
>NOAAPORT.

I hope so as well.

>I've put this into inquiry #10597 and closed the inquiry as an anomoly.  If
>we find that it is an -XCD problem, then I'll re-open the inquiry.

OK.

Have a great New Year's eve!!