20000502: modifications to gribdec.k to handle NCAR grib data

>From:  Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Owen,

>I'm writing in response to Jennie's e-mail from a few days ago concerning
>the re-writing of part of gribdec.k.  Is this something you will have a
>chance to look at?

I could make some time to look at the code if given a specific instance of
failure, but I can't guarantee that I will have enough time to devote
to the problem if it turns out that the code needs extensive modifications.

>I'll be in Boulder for two more weeks so if it would
>help to have me stop by your office to show you how everything works (or
>more precisely, doesn't work) I'll be happy to do so.

This would help.  I asked for example files for which decoding fail quite
some time ago, but I have never received any.

>Thank you for considering our request,

No problem.

>Owen
>Owen Cooper