20001107: query

>From: wumeng <address@hidden>

Meng Wu,

>I am a graduate student in university of kansas
>and we are using mcidas-x to receive unidata everyday.

I believe that you mean you are using the LDM to ingest the Unidata-Wisconsin
datastream (LDM feed type MCIDAS).  If you mean something else, please let
me know.

>I have a question about the use of mcidas-x for GOES EAST imagery.
>I can use the "astat" command for a statitcs above any area with latitude
>and longitude limitation. However, I can not do the same thing for area
>above Atlantic ocean with longitude and latitude limitation.
>But it works if I use cursor to get the statitical information.

Can you give me an example of exactly what you are trying to do?  This
would include the McIDAS commands and a listing of the header from the
image (AREA file).

>can you tell me how I can get the statistical information with the latitude
>and longitude limitation. Or, are there some other ways I can extract the
>brightness or temperature information for each pixle above atlantic ocean.

When I understand what you have tried and the problems you have run into,
I can, hopefully, provide the appropriate McIDAS commands to accomplish
your goal.

>Thank you very much!!
> meng wu

Tom Yoksas