20001218: write errors to mcidas directory after 17:52 today (cont.)

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

Robert,

>Yes, it is the same on both.  Both ldmfail, and simply
>ldmadmin stop aren't always killing all of the XCD
>processes and an ldmadmin ps says no server running,
>even though there still are XCD processes running.

OK, I forwarded this information to Anne Wilson for examination.  This
has serious impacts for sites running ldmfail and XCD from ldmd.conf.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Dec 19 15:31:44 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001218: write errors to mcidas directory after 17:52 today
>(cont.)

I did not have time to see what was going on when this happened,
but the last thing I saw in ldmd.log before it started
spewing errors (on psnldm) was it switching feed from
cirrus.al.noaa.gov to navierldm.meteo.psu.edu.  This also
jives with me having trouble killing them with ldmadmin stop.