20040108: 20040107: missing .BAT files for new McIDAS satellite

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hi Hsie,

re: status of stratus as a community server
>"startus.al.noaa.gov" should still serve as a Community ADDE Server.

OK, I am glad to hear this!

>Please try to access the data through stratus agin and let me know the
>results.  If you have any problem get data through stratus, please let
>me know.

I just pointed my McIDAS session at stratus for all of the datasets
I think it should have:

CIMSS
GINICOMP
GINIEAST
GINIWEST
RTGRIDS
RTIMAGES
RTPTSRC
RTNEXRAD
RTWXTEXT
NEXRCOMP

The only ones that did NOT work were RTNEXRAD (NEXRAD Level III
products) and NEXRCOMP (FNEXRAD NEXRAD Level III composites).

I took the liberty of logging onto stratus (again from rainbow) to find
the problem.  I found that the ADDE setup for NEXRCOMP was trying to
get data from /export/data/....  I changed the entries for getting the
NEXRCOMP images from /export/data/...  to /wrk/data6/...  I made these
changes in ~mcidas/solaris/data/LSSERVE.BAT and in
~mcidas/solaris/workdata/RESOLV.SRV.  The latter file is what gets
written by DSSERVE commands like the ones in LSSERVE.BAT.

I also found that the ADDE setup for the RTNEXRAD data was trying to
use the file ~mcidas/solaris/workdata/NNEXRAD.CFG when it should have
been using the file ~mcidas/solaris/workdata/LNEXRAD.CFG.  Like for
NEXRCOMP, I changed the entries for RTNEXRAD in
~mcidas/solaris/data/LSSERVE.BAT and in ~mcidas/solaris/workdata/RESOLV.SRV.

After making the above changes, ADDE access to all of the above
datasets is working again.

Thanks for your quick help on the ADDE serving problem!

Tom
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support  <