[McIDAS #QNX-338397]: Can't display images using Mcidas command IMGDISP

Hi Trung,

re:
> Below is the message I got when I tried to display one of the AREA files
> produced by my application.
>
> IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.2205
>
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 310688
> IMGDISP: loaded frame 1
> IMGDISP: done
>
> But The image was blank. Similar problem with several other AREA files.
> Do you know why? Thanks.

Question:

- even though the frame(s) is(are) blank, can you draw a map (e.g., 'MAP SAT')

If the MAP command fails, it is likely that one of the directories in your
$MCPATH contains a file named Frame1.0 that you do not have write permission
for.  If this is the case, the information that is needed to be written will
not be written and a blank, un-navigatable display will result.

You can test this idea by running DMAP from your McIDAS Text and Command window:

DMAP Frame

Where does McIDAS find Frame1.0?  Is it different than for other Framen.m files?

If you do have an unwritable copy of Frame1.0 in your $MCPATH, you will need
to delete it before things will work.

Comment:  a non-writable copy of Framen.m can be created by a user other than
yourself if its $MCPATH included the directory.  This situation typically only
happens when one runs a script as a different user and the needed McIDAS
environment is not correctly setup in that script.

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: QNX-338397
Department: Support McIDAS