[McIDAS #VMB-838792]: Meteosat conversion

Hi Bernie,

re: MSG's interesting scanning strategy for the HRV

> Thanks for the clarification about he scanning strategy. I was not
> aware of that.

I wouldn't expect it either, but I have been in LOTS of presentations
by folks from EUMETSAT, so I have been aware of the scanning strategy
for some time.

re:
> It seems like a strange way to do it. What is the rationale?

There is not enough time to scan the entire disk in the HRV channel,
so a strategy was implemented that provides continuous coverage for
Europe (where the EUMETSAT member states are), and as much of latitudes
lower than ~25N as possible.  I think that the idea is pretty clever
even though it makes for an "interesting" effect if one looks at
HRV scans throughout the day.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Cheers,

Tom