[McIDAS #BYN-431727]: LDM Dying

Hi Martha,

re:
> I am attaching a tar file containing all 3 pqact files referenced in our
> ldmd.conf

Let me start off by saying that I have _no_ idea how a pqact that is
running as part of a running LDM could suddenly lose the PATH information
that was available when the LDM first started.

That being said, I suggest that you modify your pqact.conf entries
that run 'xcd_run' to include where it is found.  For instance:

change:

IDS|DDPLUS      .*      PIPE
        xcd_run DDS

to:

IDS|DDPLUS      .*      PIPE
        /usr/local/ldm/decoders/xcd_run DDS

(make the same change for the HRS|NGRID|NEXRAD3 entry).

After making the change, either stop/restart your LDM or
send a HUP signal telling all pqact invocations to reread
their configuration files:

either:

ldmadmin restart

or:

ldmadmin pqactcheck
ldmadmin pqactHUP

Specifying the fully qualified pathname of the 'xcd_run' script should
eliminate any possibility of failure due to the file not being found.

If this doesn't work, then all I can suggest is that there is something
wrong with the OS installation on your machine...

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: BYN-431727
Department: Support McIDAS