[McIDAS #HSN-440865]: Re: Question of how you displayed the legend bar on the GOESEFFECTIVE jpeg (Second attachment image)

Hi Rod,

re:
> Is there a way you can convert EFFRAD/ViS.hdr files into text format.
> Somehow I having problems opening these files.

Hmm... VIS.HDR and EFFRAD.HDR are ASCII text files.  I listed
values from each of them using 'less':

<as user 'rod'>
cd $MCDATA
ls -alt *.HDR
-rw-r--r-- 1 rod users 9234 Sep 25 15:00 VIS.HDR
-rw-r--r-- 1 rod users 9234 Sep 25 15:00 EFFRAD.HDR

less VIS.HDR
                     Space Science & Engineering Center

                      University of Wisconsin - Madison

             Man computer Interactive Data Access System (McIDAS)

Question:

- what were you trying to open them with?

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Cheers,