[McIDAS #NHQ-322642]: MDX files

Hi Paul,

re:
> I hope all your travels find you back at home safe and sound.

Yes, thanks.

re:
> I am finding mcidas doing weird things and I do not know why. A few weeks
> ago I had a situation where I had to run set-ups again since none of my
> surface data nor profilers were working. I ran a few scripts and think I
> found a problem in the way the MD files were being created. I deleted them
> and ran a few commands (lsserve? perhaps)

OK.  The command sequence you should have run if decoding was not working
was:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
batch.k XCD.BAT

If the ADDE dataset definitions were somehow lost (e.g., the file RESOLV.SRV
in the $MCDATA directory of the user 'mcidas was deleted or damaged), then
BATCH LSSERVE.BAT would be what was needed.

re:
> Right now i have not data working again in terms of surface and upper air
> and profilers. i cannot find any MDX files anywhere. I dont know what
> would have happened to destory everything.

Me either.

re:
> Can you help?

Sure, I can take a look to see what I can see.  Are we talking about the
McIDAS/LDM installations on climate?

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: NHQ-322642