[ldmMcidas #GZG-682445]: Local Grid file

Hi Paul,

re:
> Looks like most things are set up on our new servers. Thank you for the
> assistance.

Dave did pretty much all of the installs and configurations.  All I have done
so far is build ldm-mcidas v2012 on the new climate machine,

re:
> There is something missing and I cannot figure it out. I have a grid that I
> created GRID.21
>
> Where is this supposed to be and how is it created?

A GRID or a GRID file?

You say that you created GRID.21... how did you create this?

re:
> The line is GRDDISP MYDATA/GRIDS.21

This is line says to display the first grid in the GRID file GRID0021.
Depending on how GRID0021 is created/supposed to be created, the GRID
file might live in /home/data/mcidas or the $MCDATA directory for the
user running the GRDDISP command.

re:
> I vaguely understand this (I am doing calculations on that grid) but that
> grid does not exist and I do not know when or how I created it. I think
> that maybe there is an alias...

The data set definition for MYDATA that is delivered with Unidata McIDAS
defines MYDATA/GRIDS as:

MYDATA/GRIDS             GRID  GRID 1-9999           All gridded data in GRID
format

Looking at GRID file numbers being created by McIDAS-XCD decoding on
adde.ucar.edu shows that no GRID file named GRID0021 is created by XCD
decoding.  This strongly suggests that GRID0021 is a file that you
created locally.  To figure out where it is/should be, I would have to
review the script(s) you are running to do processing.  I think it
is likely that the grid in GRID0021 is being created by an objective
analysis of some POINT field (e.g., T, etc.).  The first place I would
look, therefore, is whatever process(es) you are running that does
objective analysis of POINT data.

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: GZG-682445