[McIDAS #ZJC-592293]: Mcidas not compiling

Hi Heather,

re:
> I cannot seem to compile mcidas2009n on a new Ubuntu computer.  I keep
> getting errors with fatal error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> I have done some internet searching, and all suggestions are to install
> libxext-dev.  My problem is that I already DID install this!  I have
> installed libx11-dev, libxtst-dev, and libxext-dev.  I don't know where
> to go from here.  I would appreciate any help you can offer.

X11/Intrinsic.h should be part of the libXt-dev package.  Try installing
this package and restarting your McIDAS-X build from the beginning:

<as 'root'>
-- install libXt-dev

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make clobber
make
make install

re:
> I have attached my makelog.

Thanks.  I think that indications point to your setup missing the
libXt-dev package.

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: ZJC-592293