[McIDAS #VSV-153140]: Mcidas xcd

> Tom:
>
> As always, thank you for your help!
>
> Not much success ...
>
> First I modified and restarted my iptables.  No luck, I was still not
> able to communicate with the Novra.  Next I added in the static-routes.
> I added in the line you told me and when I tried to restart the network
> I got this error:
>

> [root@npingest ~]# service network restart
> Shutting down interface eth0:  Device state: 3 (disconnected)
> [  OK  ]
> Shutting down interface eth1:  Error: Device 'eth1'
> (/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1) disconnecting failed: This device
> is not active
> [FAILED]
> Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
> Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
> Bringing up interface eth0:  Active connection state: activated
> Active connection path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/2
> [  OK  ]
> SIOCADDRT: No such process
>
> And still cannot communicate with receiver.

Here is another thing to try:

<as 'root'>
-- edit /etc/sysctl.conf and make sure that the following line is
   commented out:

# Controls source route verification
#net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1

-- run 'sysctl -p'

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin watch

re:
> On to my decoding ...
>
> I wanted to let you know that I did not copy CIRCUIT.DAT, ingebin.k,
> and ingetext.k from my old machine.  I am trying to install them
> through mcidas.

OK.  Sorry I misinterpreted your previous comment.

re:
> I went through the steps in mcxconfig to set up the xcd. I ended
> up using LOCAL.NAM, LSSERVE.BAT, and LOCDATA.BAT from my old machine
> because they have everything set up the way we need it to be.

OK.  Did you make sure that the directory to which XCD data monitors/decoders
will write is writable by 'mcidas' and 'ldm'?

re:
> However, when I went to run the batch.k XCD.BAT command I noticed that
> XCD.BAT was not in /home/mcidas/workdata, but in /home/mcidas/data, is
> that wrong?

No, that is correct.

re:
> I ran the command in /home/mcidas/data and it didn't do anything:

If your McIDAS environment is setup correctly, XCD.BAT would have been
found in ~mcidas/data and 'batch.k XCD.BAT' would have worked.

re:
> [mcidas@npxcd data]$ batch.k XCD.BAT
> String not found: MCDATA
> batch.k: BATCH job abandon /home/mcidas/data/XCD.BAT
> batch.k: BATCH done /home/mcidas/data/XCD.BAT

The McIDAS string 'MCDATA' should have been set when you ran 'mcxconfig'.
To test this, do the following:

<login as 'mcidas'>

cd $MCDATA
tl.k

Is MCDATA in the listing from the TL (tl.k) command?

re:
> So I am still without those three files!
>
> Stuck again ....

If you continue to have problems it may be better to talk by phone.

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: VSV-153140
Department: Support McIDAS