Re: java netCDF and dods

yes, it only does grids.
if there is a reasonable thing to do with sequences, I would be happy to add it.

Donald Denbo wrote:

I've been experimenting with the netCDF2 library and its dods interface. I tried to open

http://dods.gso.uri.edu/cgi-bin/nph-jg/sjctd08sb

which is a sequence within a sequence and got nothing sensible. What I got was the following

     [java] DODSNetcdf didnt process basetype <Sequence> name = Level_0
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = station not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = lat not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = lon not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = yrday_gmt not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = cruiseid not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = press not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = temp not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = sal not used
     [java]  HEY! DODS attTable = sigma_t not used
[java] Instantiating DODSNcFile = http://maewest.gso.uri.edu/cgi-bin/nph-jg/sjctd08sb

Am I doing something wrong or does the dods-netcdf interface not support sequence?

-- Don

Donald W. Denbo    address@hidden
Ph: (206) 526-4487   Fax: (206) 526-6744
Collaborative tools: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/collab/
Netcdf Browser: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse
Scientific Java Graphics: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/sgt
EPIC Oceangraphic Data Management: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/epic