Opening nc.zip files

Hi all,

I'm having trouble trying to open a nc.zip file.  I'm using the latest
version of the NetCDF library (netCDF 2.2.20).  Do I need to download
another library for the getRandomAccessFile method?

When I open it, I get the following error message:

ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile.getRandomAccessFile()Ljava/io/RandomAccessFile;
    at
ucar.nc2.iosp.dorade.Doradeheader.isValidFile(Doradeheader.java:48)
    at ucar.nc2.iosp.dorade.Doradeiosp.isValidFile(Doradeiosp.java:60)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:426)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:261)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:341)
    at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:175)
    at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDatasetCache.acquire(NetcdfDatasetCache.java:203)
    at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDatasetCache.acquire(NetcdfDatasetCache.java:183)
    at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDatasetCache.acquire(NetcdfDatasetCache.java:171)
    at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:71)
    at au.org.tpac.test.TestCDM_Main.doFile(Unknown Source)

Interestingly, it works fine on TDS - when I browse for the file in TDS,
it's able to show all the attributes of the files.  In fact, the file
doesn't even show up a zip file.  Maybe there's another magical method
for opening the file?  I'm opening files using the method:

GridDataset.open ("file:///" + dirName);

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Cheers,

-Pauline.