960528: netCDF2.4.2/SunOS4.1.4 make(1) problem: Badly formed macro assignment

Pete,

In the above message you wrote:

> Output from configure, make and the config.log are attached.
>
> --Part9605281230A
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for catman... catman
> checking for fill-value usage... new usage
> checking the installation prefix... /ldmtest/netcdf
> checking the installation exec-prefix... /ldmtest/netcdf
> checking for acc... acc
> checking type of operating system... sunos=

I suspect that the above line indicates a problem.  The correct
operating sytem identifier should have been `sunos4' rather than
`sunos='.  Do you have any environment variables set that begin with an
`OS' prefix or do you have any such variables set in the CUSTOMIZE file?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>