Re: netCDF-3 compatability issues

> To: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: netCDF-3 compatability issues

Mark,

> Is the following patch the Right Thing (TM) ?
>
> $ diff -c /usr/local/include/netcdf.inc netcdf.inc
> *** /usr/local/include/netcdf.inc       Thu Jul 31 22:01:29 1997
> --- netcdf.inc  Mon Aug  4 12:28:03 1997
> ***************
> *** 1226,1232 ****
>   !     Action prohibited on NCGLOBAL varid
>         PARAMETER(NCEGLOB = 18)
>   !     Not a netcdf file
> !       PARAMETER(NCENOTNC = 19)
>         PARAMETER(NCESTS = 20)
>         PARAMETER (NCENTOOL = 21)
>         PARAMETER(NCFOOBAR = 32)
> --- 1226,1232 ----
>   !     Action prohibited on NCGLOBAL varid
>         PARAMETER(NCEGLOB = 18)
>   !     Not a netcdf file
> !       PARAMETER(NCENOTNC = NF_ENOTNC)
>         PARAMETER(NCESTS = 20)
>         PARAMETER (NCENTOOL = 21)
>         PARAMETER(NCFOOBAR = 32)
>
> --

It's a start.  I forwarded your previous posting on this problem to
Steve Emmerson, and he will reply about the recommended fix for the bug
you found.  It involves redefining all the netCDF-2 Fortran error flag
parameters to have the same values as the corresponding netCDF-3 error
flag parameters.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Russ