Re: 20000711: Errors while running "make test" (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:04:47 -0400
From:    Daniel Fredette <address@hidden>
To:      Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20000711: Errors while running "make test"

--------------C9A4B53B6C9B88C5EBAC272C

Hi Russ,

  Thank you for the quick response.  I did not realize at first that you
had email online from other people with problems installed netCDF.  I
went through there and found out the problem I had.  I needed the new
version of cfortran.h.  I had version 3.9, I needed 4.1.  I needed this
because of the Portland Group compiler. Once i did that, it worked fine.

Thanks again,
Dan

Russ Rew wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: Daniel Fredette <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Errors while running "make test"
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> >    I ran across some errors while running "make test".  I have supplied
> > the information that you request.  Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> >       A) Linux sysm3x 2.2.5-15smp #1 SMP Mon Apr. 19 22:43:28 EDT i686
> > unknown
> >
> >       B) 3.4
> >
> >       C) Fortran:   /usr/local/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
> >            C:         /usr/bin/gcc
> >
> >       D) configure.log: Attached
>
> Looks OK, except for the line
>
>   checking how to run the C preprocessor... //usr/local/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
> -g -w
>
> which looks like it's using the Portland Group Fortran compiler as a C
> preprocessor.  That may be a symptom of an error in the configure
> script.  I'll forward your full report to our "configure" expert to
> see if he can figure it out ...
>
> The subsequent output indicated that the C interface was built with no
> problems; only the Fortran interface failed.  If you only need the C
> interface, you can use the library as is.
>
> --Russ

> Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> address@hidden                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
--------------C9A4B53B6C9B88C5EBAC272C

begin:vcard
n:Fredette;Daniel
tel;work:(978) 670-5148
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Weather Services International;DSSEG
adr:;;4 Federal Street;Billerica;MA;01821;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:address@hidden
title:Software Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0