BULENT YAGCI: Re: 20011114: building and installiation problem for sgi(Irix 6.4)

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (BULENT YAGCI)
>Subject: building and installiation problem for sgi(Irix 6.4) machine

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:34:50 +0200
From:    address@hidden (BULENT YAGCI)
To:      Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20011114: building and installiation problem for sgi(Irix 6.4)

Dear Russ Rew,

Thank you very much for your support and help. I made reinstall "c" compiler and
then installed "netcdf". Everything is ok.

Thanks and Best Regards
Bülent

Russ Rew wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden (BULENT YAGCI)
> >Subject: building and installiation problem for sgi(Irix 6.4) machine
>
> Bülent,
>
> > > Can you please try to compile
> > > the following small standard C source?  If your C compiler cannot
> > > compile this, you need to reinstall or reconfigure your C compiler
> > > environment:
> > >
> > > ==== snip & compile ====
> > > #include <sys/types.h>
> > > #include <stddef.h>
> > >
> > > int
> > > main()
> > > {
> > >   size_t p[10];
> > >   ptrdiff_t d = &p[9] - &p[0];
> > >   return 0;
> > > }
> > > =====
> >
> > I managed to compile this code. No problem...
> >
> > > If that compiles OK, please check if there was a "config.cache" file
> > > left over from a previous build attempt and delete it.  Then run "make
> > > clean" and try running "configure" again.  You might also try setting
> > > the environment variable CC=c89 instead of CC=cc.  If you still have
> > > the problem, send us the "config.log" file and the "libsrc/ncconfig.h"
> > > file that were generated by running the "configure" script.
> >
> > But conf?gure script isn't runing still.Now, I'm sending to you
> > "conf?g.log" and
> > "ncconfig.h" files with attch.
>
> Oops, the ncconfig.h looks like an old one from a previous run of
> configure.  I should have told you to run "make distclean" after
> deleting "config.cache".  Could you also please send us the values of
> the environment variables CC, CPPFLAGS, and CFLAGS (if any) that you
> set before you run the "configure" script?  It is important that the C
> compiler that you use for building netCDF is the same one you can use
> to successfully compile the small sample program above.
>
> In our INSTALL document for IRIX, we recommend using c89, by setting
> the environment variables
>
>     CC=/bin/c89
>     FC=/bin/f90  # builds both f77 and f90 interfaces
>     CXX=/bin/CC
>
> before running the configure script.  See
>
>   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#irix
>
> for other examples that worked on our IRIX systems.  If it still
> doesn't work, then follow the instructions under "Reporting Problems"
> at
>
>   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems
>
> which tells you what is needed after running "make distclean".
> Thanks.
>
> --Russ

> Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> address@hidden                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Bulent YAGCI
Devlet Meteoroloji Isleri Genel Mudurlugu
Hava Tahminleri Dairesi Baskanligi
Kalaba/Ankara Turkiye

E-posta: address@hidden
Tel: +90 312 302 2603