20021120: HOW TO GET A CHARACTER VARIABLE

jifengying,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "jifengying" <address@hidden>
> Subject: HOW TO GET A CHARACTER VARIABLE

>  HOW TO GET A CHARACTER VARIABLE,
> whether should i use the order NF90_INQ_VAR_TEXT£¨£©
> the result tell me that there is no the variable.
> NF_INQ_VAR_???

If you use the Fortran-90 interface, then you can use the routine

    nf90_inq_varid(ncid, name, varid)

to get the netCDF variable-id of the wanted variable.  You can use the
routine

    nf90_Inquire_Variable(ncid, varid, name, xtype, ndims, dimids,
        nAtts)

to get more information about the variable -- especially its type.

To get the values of the variable, you can use the routine

    nf90_get_var()

For more information on how to use the netCDF package, see the web page

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html

Regards,