[Support #KWG-836879]: NetCDF Installation on Windows

Hi Steve,

Although our Windows Fortran expert is on vacation for a couple of weeks, I'll
try to help with this until he gets back.

As far as I know, there is no DLL that handles the Fortran-90 interface for
Windows.  There are a couple of DLL's that will let you use the Fortran-77 or C
interface:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/win32_ifort_dll.tar.gz
(for the Intel Fortran compiler)

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/win32_pgi_dll.tar.gz
(for the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler, maybe also a PGI compiler from its
name)

There is also a report here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdfgroup-list/msg00708.html

that you can use Compaq Visual Fortran to build the Fortran-77 interface and
then the freely available g95 (or perhaps also the similarly free gfortran) to
build a Fortran-90 interface on top of the Fortran-77 interface under Cygwin on
Windows, using the source available at
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

Sorry we don't have a packaged solution yet for Fortran90 on Windows, but if
you find something that works, please let us know.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KWG-836879
Department: Support netCDF