[netCDF #GCB-810427]: netCDF 3.6.2 PGI Fortran DLL

> We have downloaded the netCDF 3.6.2 PGI Fortran DLL, and are attempting
> to link into a PGI Fortran program, but there is no .LIB file?  How do
> we resolve the external references to use this DLL (it does not register
> with Windows)?  We have included netcdf.inc in the source.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jim Herberich
> D 978-589-3193

Sigh. I thought the lib file was automatically being produced for you, but I
guess I'll have to look into that.

Creating the lib file can be done with a microsoft tool, but I can't remember
which one, as MS is not my primary development environment. I cannot find this
in my notes at the moment, but there is a microsoft web page that describes how
to do it ("How To Create 32-bit Import Libraries Without .OBJs or Source"):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131313

As I recall, the lib file just has information that is already in the header
and the library, but packaged in a microsoft way. I believe it is not required
for the C API, but apparently it is required for PG Fortran.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GCB-810427
Department: Support netCDF