[netCDF #YFU-289009]: NetCDF intel APple (darwin 9.3 i386)

> Hi Russ
>
> Excuse my ignorance - but is i386 the same as x86 (or close enough)?

Howdy Helen!

In answer to your first question, i386 and x86 are close enough. ;-)

> This build:
>
> Darwin (mort) - default compilers SUCCESS (with CC=cc CXX=g++
> FC=gfortran F77=gfortran) (binaries) with make check check_install
> ftpbin with --enable-netcdf-4 --with-hdf5=/upc/share/ed/local/mort --
> with-zlib=/upc/share/ed/local/mort --disable-f90
>
> would be fine, if it weren't for the --disable-f90 being used!

I have changed the test system to now include f90. Try to get the binary
download again and see if it works for you.

> I have compiled a local version, but I'm having problems at
> compilation when trying to use nf90_get_var: basically, if I include
> the start or count options, I get a compilation error

Did the "make check" for netCDF work?

> so:
> status = nf90_get_var(ncidIn, VarId, time)
> compiles ok
> status = nf90_get_var(ncidIn, VarId, time, start=strt, count=cnt)
> fails to compile:
> Error: There is no specific function for the generic 'nf90_get_var' at
> (1)

What is the dimensionality of the time variable for the above call?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: YFU-289009
Department: Support netCDF