[netCDF #JNH-860762]: Problems with CDL/vlen example

Lynton-
The situation is as follows.
The example you sent works ok, except
for the last two variables:
  singleCompoundType singleCompound ;
and
  vlen_CompoundType vlenCompound ;

When either of these two are included
(along with their initialization data),
then an HDF5 error occurs.

If I use the -lc option to ncgen, then the
generated code looks correct, but when executed,
still causes the HDF5 errors. So I concluded that
the problem was no longer an ncgen problem, but
rather a problem in either the netcdf library code
or the HDF5 library code.

I am still trying to figure out what the problem is
by constructing a minimal test case to see if the problem
is in the netcdf library or in the HDF5 library.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: JNH-860762
Department: Support netCDF