[netCDF #FUL-645927]: netcdf make check tests fail to locate libhdf5.so.7 and libhdf5_hl.so.7

Melanie,

> Thanks, that was the issue. Sorry about that, it's something I should have
> realised.
>
> However, I'm now getting a second error:
>
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.8) thread 0:
> #000: H5Z.c line 1376 in H5Zget_filter_info(): Filter not defined
> major: Invalid arguments to routine
> minor: Bad value
> #001: H5Z.c line 1019 in H5Z_find(): required filter is not registered
> major: Data filters
> minor: Object not found
> *** Checking HDF5 deflate filter setting and getting...Sorry! Unexpected
> result, tst_h_vars.c, line: 230
> FAIL: tst_h_vars
>
> Currently googling for solutions but haven't found anything conclusive so far.

It's not finding zlib.  You need to have configured HDF5-1.8.8 with the
--with-zlib= option
to tell it where to find zlib.  If you build HDF5 again with zlib, then
netCDF-4.1.3 should
build OK with that HDF5 library ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: FUL-645927