[netCDFPerl #XOS-274016]: Install netCDF Perl in Cygwin

Clay,

The output of the configure(1) script contained the following:

./configure: ERROR: The following variables need values:

VARIABLE     DESCRIPTION                EXAMPLE
--------     -------                    -------
PERL_MANDIR  perl manual directory      /usr/local/man
CPP_NETCDF   netCDF header              -I/usr/local/unidata/include
LD_NETCDF    netCDF library             -L/usr/local/unidata/lib -lnetcdf

For each variable above, this script will now request that you input
a value appropriate for your system (note that this value will not
be interpolated by a shell -- so don't use shell substitutions).
Alternatively, you can interrupt this script, set the above variables
in the environment or in the file CUSTOMIZE, and then re-execute this
script.  (Variables referring to executable programs needn't be set if
the relevant directory is added to PATH.  See file INSTALL for details.)

Enter a value for the perl manual directory (e.g. "/usr/local/man"):
/usr/bin/perl/man

Enter a value for the netCDF header (e.g. "-I/usr/local/unidata/include"):
c:\strawberry\include

Enter a value for the netCDF library (e.g. "-L/usr/local/unidata/lib -lnetcdf"):
c:\strawberry\lib

The "c:\strawberry\" prefixes in the above won't work because they are MS-DOS
pathnames and not Unix pathnames. I don't know how CYGWIN maps MS-DOS pathnames
to Unix pathnames. You'll have to figure that out for the directories in
question. Also, you'll have to use the "-I", "-L", and "-l" option prefixes as
indicated in the examples above.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XOS-274016